Online Safety Practices when Buying & Selling
|While we have never had any safety issues on abletrader, whenever you buy or sell anything online dealing with used wheelchairs, accessible vans or mobility equipment, you should be extra aware and extra cautious.
If you know of any additional safety resources, please contact us.
Avoid potential fraud & scams by following these common-sense rules:
- Do not wire money via Western Union or other wire service - it's often a scam.
- Beware of fake cashiers checks & money orders. Your bank may cash them, then later hold you responsible.
- Never give out bank account or login information. (account numbers, PIN numbers, etc.)
- Do not purchase expensive items without seeing a picture of it first, the item may not exist.
Be aware that most scams involve one or more of the following:
- Unbelievably good deals from someone far away, often in another country.
- Western Union, money wire service, cashier's check, money order, or escrow service.
- A seller's inability or refusal to talk in person or allow for pick-up before receiving payment.
Who should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
If you suspect any potential fraud on abletrader, please contact us with the details immediately!